Helping you to help homelessness


Homelessness Agencies & Peak Bodies

HousingVic logo


HousingVic makes it easier to find the right information about housing and housing assistance in Victoria.

Their website is the source of information for current public housing tenants, potential social housing tenants and anyone wanting to know about housing in Victoria.

Tenants Victoria logo

Tenants Victoria

Tenants Victoria provides information, advice and legal representation to promote and protect the rights of Victorians who rent their homes

Homelessness Australia logo


Homelessness Australia (HA) is the national peak body for homelessness in Australia. Homelessness Australia was defunded by the Federal Government in 2015 and now has neither an office nor paid staff. HA now provides its services on a voluntary basis and with the support of members.

Community Housing Industry Association Victoria logo

Community Housing Industry Association Victoria (CHIA Vic)

CHIA Victoria works to support the growth of community housing as the most effective and efficient means of ensuring more disadvantaged Victorians can enjoy the dignity of safe, secure and appropriate housing.

Council to Homeless Persons logo

Council to Homeless Persons

The Council to Homeless Persons is the peak body representing organisations and individuals in Victoria with a commitment to ending homelessness.

Victorian Homelessness Network logo

Victorian Homelessness Network

Victorian Homelessness Network (VHN), is a partnership of the nine Regional Homelessness Networks in Victoria. The VHN provides a mechanism for strategically progressing issues of common concern across all Regional Homelessness Networks, with a focus on operational issues relating to management of a statewide homelessness service system.

Statewide Children’s Resource Program logo

Statewide Children’s Resource Program

The Statewide Children’s Resource Program is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services to assist, support, and resource homelessness and other non government services to respond more effectively to the needs of children who have experienced homelessness and/or family violence.

Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute logo

Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute (UHURI)

AHURI is a national independent research network with an expert not-for-profit research management company, AHURI Limited, at its centre. It undertakes research leading to the advancement of knowledge on key policy and practice issues.

Council to Homeless Persons logo


TheVictorian Council of Social Service works towards the elimination of poverty and disadvantage in all its forms, and the creation of a society where all people are supported to thrive.

Victorian Homelessness Networks

Gippsland Region

(no website)

Grampians Region

(no website)



Advocacy and Advice

Barwon Community Legal Service
Free legal information, advice and referrals for clients in relation to Family Violence, Centrelink matters, Family Law, Child Support and Debt matters.

Barwon Diversitat- Tenancy, Assistance and Advocacy Service
Advice and assistance in relation to private residential tenancy matters and can also provide advocacy at VCAT for low income earners and victims of family violence.

Consumer Affairs Victoria
Information about rights and responsibilities for tenants and landlords, how to resolve disputes and where to find help.

Homelessness Advocacy Service
If a client has a problem with a homelessness assistance or social housing service, a support service or a rooming house, they can contact the Council to Homeless Persons’ Homelessness Advocacy Service for advice and assistance. 

Justice Connect
Advocacy, legal assistance, advice, policy and law reform.
homelessnes and housing issues
general legal issues

South West Bethany –Tenancy, Assistance and Advocacy Service
Help with a wide range of issues that may be facing tenants.

South West Legal Aid
Helping Victorians with their legal problems.

Tenancy Plus Support Program – Assistance to remain in Social Housing
Aims to prevent homelessness and support tenants to stay in housing.

Tenant’s Victoria
Advice, assistance and advocacy for tenants in private and public residential properties.

Victorian Equal Opportunity  & Human Rights Commission
Information, advice and dispute resolution related to discrimination.


Alcohol and Other Drugs


Barwon Health

South West – the Lookout

Stepping Up Consortium – Geelong and Colac

Turning Point State-wide

Western Region Alcohol and Other Drug Centre WRAD





Accessible housing for people with disabilities
Housing Hub




Child Protection

Department of Health and Human Services – Local Housing Offices locations

Department of Housing
Information and resources for housing service providers involved in providing homelessness and crisis support, affordable rental.
General Enquiries 1300 650 172


Family Violence

Barwon Orange Door (Colac and Geelong)

Djirra- advice and referral for Aboriginal people who are experiencing violence or have experienced family violence

Family Violence Services for Men – Geelong

Kids Helpline

Men’s Referral Service

Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre State-wide 24/7 support

Sexual Assault and Family Violence Centre – Geelong

South West CASA (Centre Against Sexual Assault) – Warrnambool

South West Family and Domestic Violence- Emma House Domestic Violence Service

w/respect LGBTIQA+



Safe Schools Program
Victorian government program delivering information and support for implementation of program around safety of students identifying as gay or gender diverse.

Rainbow Network
Promoting health and wellbeing for LGBTI Victorians

Victoria and Tasmania LGBTI counselling phone service
1800 184 527


Mental Health

Barwon Health Access Team

Psychiatric Regional Triage Service
For urgent mental health assistance call 1300 363 788
This number provides access to all mental health services and operates 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Beyond Blue
Providing information and resources and about mental health issues.

South West Healthcare



Prisoners Exiting into the Community

Jesuit Social Services
Supporting  men and women perceived to be ‘high risk’  in reintegrating into the community.

Flat Out Incorporated
Supporting women exiting prison or those who have had contact with the criminal justice system.

Corrections Victoria
Providing information about expectations, policy and procedures of the justice system in regards to people exiting prison.