Victorian Homelessness Conference
September 13 and 14, 2017
It only comes around once every two years... book your spot today. Early Bird Rates still available!
You've attended a CHP event in the past, so we want to make sure you don't miss your chance to attend the 2017 Victorian Homelessness Conference.
With 20+ keynote and parallel sessions over two days, the conference is an outstanding professional development opportunity for practitioners, policy makers, researchers and consumers of homelessness services.
There is just one month until the Early Bird conference rates expire!
- Renowned homelessness expert, and Editor of the European Journal of Homelessness, Professor Eoin O’Sullivan
- A deep dive into: housing-led approaches, leaving out-of-home care, Indigenous homelessness, the challenges of accessing the NDIS for people who are homeless, GLBTIQ homelessness, adolescent family violence
- Australia’s newly appointed homelessness professor Professor Guy Johnson
- A youth specific program stream created especially for youth and family workers
- Victorian Homelessness Awards – nominate a colleague or organisation today
Here's a taster of two of the keynote sessions – view the full program here.
Keynote: Putting the home into ending homelessness – the evidence from Europe
Can we end homelessness without housing for people who have no home? How do we build an effective homelessness service system? What has worked abroad? A comparison of Ireland, Denmark and Finland.
Speaker: Professor Eoin O’Sullivan
Discussant: Professor Guy Johnston, RMIT University
Keynote: Trauma and adolescent family violence: Delivering better homelessness responses
Young people who use violence in the home are often both victims and perpetrators of violence. This presents complex challenges for both mainstream and youth homeless services. How can we both protect family members and best support young people with complex behaviour?
Speaker: Dr Anita Morris, Principal Family Violence Practitioner, DHHS
Let’s connect. Let’s look at the evidence. Let’s share our successes. Let’s talk solutions. #CHPconf2017
- Date: Wednesday 13 & Thursday 14 September 2017
- Venue: Melbourne Town Hall
- Website: www.chpconference.com.au
- Register online.
- Conference fees: Early Bird Registration rates from $580 for members
- Subscribe to conference updates here, and make sure to follow CHP on Twitter.