Residential Tenancies Act Training for New Workers
This is part of the CHFV Induction Program – for more information go to http://chfv.org.au/Induction-Program/
A must for all new workers!
The Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) is the most important legislative framework for the Community Housing Sector.
This course will give new housing and tenancy workers the basic skills and understanding of the RTA, and how to use it in their day to day work.
The course will cover the history of tenancy law in Victoria, and will give an overview of the RTA and how it works, including a thorough look at the Act in full.
- Residential Tenancies and Tenancy Agreements
- Rooming Houses – Residency Rights and Agreements
- Caravan Parks – Residency Rights and Duties
- Compensation and Compliance
- Notice for Breach of Duty
- Application to VCAT
- Regaining Possession – Possession Orders and Warrants
- Violence on Certain Premises
- Goods Left Behind by Tenants and Residents
- Bonds and the RTBA
- Impact of the Human Rights Charter
Participants will gain an understanding of the process for eviction, so that tenants’ rights are upheld and housing organisations follow the processes properly.
It would be suitable for:
- New housing workers
- Experienced housing workers that need to know more about the RTA
- Experienced housing workers or managers who are new to the community sector
- Managers who need to incorporate RTA procedures into their organisation’s policies and procedures
This workshop will be capped at 15 to allow for maximum participation and discussion.
Date : Friday 24 Nov 2017
Time: 9.30 AM – 4:30 PM (morning tea and lunch provided)
Venue: CHFV Training room, Level 1, 128 Exhibition St, Melbourne 3000
Cost: $297 inclusive GST- members $ 319 inclusive GST - non members
Please find attached Registration and tax invoice form.
*** please bring a copy of the Residential Tenancies Act with you to the training if you have access to one.