You are invited to attend:
Applied Gender Analysis Workshop
Thursday, 19 October, 2017
9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Learn the practical skills you need to design, deliver and evaluate gender sensitive programs and services.
This activity-based workshop is an introductory step-by-step guide to performing a gender analysis in practice.The workshop covers:
- Identifying gendered norms and structures and their application
- Approaches to gender inclusive program design
- Tools and frameworks for conducting a gender analysis
- How to use real world data to support your work including an introduction to the Women’s Health Atlas
- Real life scenarios and the application of a gender analysis
This workshop is designed for professionals working in a range of areas including health promotion, social policy, community development, health and support services, women’s health, community health and local and state government who are committed to delivering gender equitable and gender sensitive programs and services.
These skills are particularly relevant for working with Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plans, Victoria’s Gender Equality Strategy, or working to prevent violence against women.Workshop facilitators:
- Jax ( Jacki) Brown is a disability & LGBTI rights activist, writer, spoken-word performer, public speaker, workshop facilitator and disability sexualities educator.
- Linden Deathe is a gender equity practitioner, facilitator and training coordinator at Women’s Health Victoria, responsible for the design and delivery of a professional develop programs including Gender Analysis.
Women’s Health Victoria, Level 8, 255 Bourke St, Melbourne
$220 (Full) $154 (student/unemployed)
Women's Health Victoria Register online here
Linden Deathe, Training Coordinator
Ph: 9664 9313