Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) – Youth
The Youth Mental Health First Aid course provides a useful refresher for people who have taken the Standard (Adult) MHFA course as well as being a good introduction for people who haven’t. It has some of the same, and some new and different information compared with the standard course. Like the standard course it includes:
· Information about the prevalence and impact of mental illness;
· Information about the four most common mental illnesses;
· Skills for how to recognise and intervene when a mental illness is developing, or in a mental health crisis.
The new information it offers, includes:
· Recognising mental illness in a young person;
· Prevalence of mental illness amongst young people;
· Adolescent development;
· An entire section on eating disorders;
· Non-suicidal self-injury;
· Crisis first aid for children affected by traumatic incidents
Date: Tuesday 21 Nov and Wednesday 22 Nov 2017
Time: 9.30 AM – 4:30pm (morning tea + lunch provided) - both days
Venue: CHFV, Level 1, 128 Exhibition St, Melbourne 3000
Cost: $418 inclusive GST (members) $440 (non- members) for both days including manual and certificate.
Please find attached Registration and tax invoice form.
Business Development t 03 9654 6077
f 03 9654 5133
Level 1, 128 Exhibition St, Melbourne Victoria 3000