Difficult Conversations-How to Talk to Anyone About Almost Anything:
This workshop is for anyone who may be involved in any sort of difficult conversation about almost any topic.
The workshop will cover:
- how to structure a difficult conversation and find a positive purpose
- the importance of empathy and when not to empathise
- keeping the conversation on track and using language that does not create resistance.
- recognising when not to have a difficult conversation and how to leave a conversation that may be unhelpful
- gaining agreement with the other party and making a plan for the future.
The workshop will cover a range of topics depending upon the interests of the group, including: personality clashes in the workplace; delivering difficult news; supporting individuals who may be distressed; difficult performance conversations; responding to the difficult behaviour of another person; responding when another person criticizes you; when to engage in mediation and when not to engage in mediation; difficult conversations in close relationships, among many other possible topics
Dates: Monday 13 Feb 2017
Time: 9.30am – 1:00 pm (morning tea provided)
Venue: CHFV, Level 1, 128 Exhibition St. Melb.
Cost: $253 (GST inclusive) member - $275 (GST inclusive) non-member
Trainer: Sue Green – Psychologist
Please find attached Registration and Tax Invoice form.
Community Housing Federation of VictoriaAddress: Level 1, 128 Exhibition Street Melbourne VIC 3000