FINANCE TRAINING FOR NON-FINANCIAL PEOPLE
Board members and managers working for not for profit organisations can have a variety and mix of skills and experiences which makes their contribution special. Many don’t have an in-depth knowledge of accounting and rely on other people to be able to ensure the financial viability of their organisation.
Learning how to read and understand the facts and figures presented in financial reports will mean Board members and managers become equipped with knowledge on which they can base major decisions to guide their organisation to survive and thrive
What you will learn
Following the program participants will be able to:
- Understand how to assess if good financial governance is in place for your organisation
- Interpret the financial reports including the balance sheet, profit and loss and cash flow reports
- Develop your budget for the financial year
- Calculate the organisation’s financial health; the Current (solvency), Quick (liquidity) and Debt to worth (financial risk) ratios
- Link the strategic plan to the budget and financial reports
- Determine appropriate level of equity for your not for profit
- Understand the financial controls required to protect your assets
This program is designed for people without accountancy training so steers away from technical terminology so it’s easy to understand. Handouts will assist to work through examples for your organisation and participants will be provided with checklists to assess their knowledge of the financials and things they should know in their roles.
Who should attend?
- Managers/supervisors/board members/ CEOs
Dates: Mon 27 Feb 2017
Time: 9.30am – 3:30 am
Venue: CHFV, Level 1, 128 Exhibition St. Melb.
Cost: $352 (GST inclusive) member - $374 (GST inclusive) non-member
Please find attached Registration and tax invoice form.
Business Development Officer t 03 9654 6077
f 03 9654 5133
a Level 1, 128 Exhibition St, Melbourne Victoria 3000