Published: Wednesday, 16 August 2017 02:33
Regulation in Community Housing Training
Michael Smith, Consultant and housing practitioner with over four years’ experience in working at a registered housing association, will be presenting on the current and proposed regulatory landscape for community housing in Victoria and elsewhere in Australia.
The course will cover:
- An overview of the regulatory framework for community housing in Victoria established under the Housing Act 1983 (Vic).
- An overview of the performance standards and reporting requirements applicable to community housing providers registered under the scheme.
- Powers of the Registrar under the scheme to investigate and take regulatory action in respect of registered providers.
- The relationship between the regulatory scheme and the requirements of funding bodies such as the Director of Housing and the Department of Human Services.
- Implications for members of governing bodies of registered providers.
- An overview of the National Regulatory System for community housing providers currently in force in other Australian jurisdictions.
- The impact of changes to the Victorian regulatory scheme to harmonise it with the National Regulatory System.
It would be suitable for:
- Members of governing bodies
- Management and team leaders
- Staff with responsibility for regulatory compliance and reporting
- Any staff who are interested in regulatory issues in community housing
Dates: Tues 5 Sept 2017
Time: 9.30am – 12:00 pm
Venue: CHFV, Level 1, 128 Exhibition St. Melb.
Cost: $220 (GST inclusive) member - $231 (GST inclusive) non-member
This workshop will be capped at 18 to allow for maximum participation/discussion.
Please find attached Registration and tax invoice form.
Business Development Officer t 03 9654 6077
f 03 9654 5133
a Level 1, 128 Exhibition St, Melbourne Victoria 3000